As an international student, are you looking to secure a job and develop your career after graduating from a programme in Australia? Since Australia provides a wide range of job opportunities and is a country known for its great quality of life, no wonder many graduates from various institutions would like to settle in Australia after pursuing a degree or diploma. This article provides a guide on how to obtain post-study work in Australia.
First things first, as a fresh graduate from a university, you would need to obtain a post-study visa in Australia before you can stay in the country with a legitimate status. Afterwards, if certain requirements are met, you would also have the option to bring your immediate family members.
Australia Post-Study Visa Requirements
In your quest to obtain a post-study visa to stay and work in Australia, you must satisfy the basic requirement before you and your family are allowed to stay in the country for 2-4-year . Here are the eligibility requirements for applying for an Australian post-study visa:
- Applicant must be under 50 years of age
- Applicants must have applied for and been granted your first student visa
- Applicants must hold an eligible visa
- Applicants must have a student visa in the last 6 months
- Applicant must have a recent degree in a registered course or program in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- You must provide evidence of adequate health insurance for all applicants when you apply
- You must provide evidence you have applied for an AFP check when you apply
- You must provide evidence of the required level of English with the application
How to Apply for Australian Post-Study Visa: Step-by-Step Procedure
As an international student, you have two options when it comes to applying for the post-study visa issued by the Australian government. In a special case where you have ‘No further stay’ can apply through the paper form.
However, students without the “No further stay” condition may proceed to apply online via their ImmiAccount. To apply online, you are required to visit the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
Step 1: Visit the ImmiAccount website.
Step 2: Log in to the ImmiAccount, if you already have one, or click on ‘Create ImmiAccount’, if you are a new user.
Step 3: Fill in the post-study work visa application and attach all the required documents.
Step 4: If you want to take family members along, add their details as well.
Step 5: After completing the form, pay the visa application fees online via PayPal, Credit Card, or any available means to you.
Cost of Post-Study Visa Application in Australia
The application for the post-study visa is not fixed. The amount starts from AUD1,680. However, the processing times may differ based on the time of application.
Below are the average processing time of Australian post-study visa:
- 25% of applications: 7 months
- 50% of applications: 8 months
- 75% of applications: 12 months
- 90% of applications: 14 months
Relevant Documents Required for Post-Study Work Visa
As you aspire to stay in Australia permanently, in your application, you must attach all important documents in support of your application. Some of these are:
- Study documents
- Identification documents
- Character document
- 485 visa health insurance documents
- Partner documents (if taking him/her along)
Do you want to stay and work in Australia after the successful completion of your academic journey? Here at Intake, our team of experts will ensure you have the latest application forms and guidance. Contact us and talk to our advisors for free assistance without any hidden charges.