Skip to main content


Accommodation is an important part of your overseas study experience. Let us help you find the right place to live!


Accommodation Type

One of the most important decisions you will make regarding your time studying abroad is where to live. Your Intake advisor can explain your options and help you find the accommodation that suits you best. 
Private rental accommodation has become very popular with international students. This type of accommodation is often very modern with good services and in convenient locations, so it’s easy to get to the university, attend classes and access university facilities. Many students choose to live in private accommodation because there are more choices, it is usually faster than applying for university accommodation and they are much more likely to get the accommodation they want.
Intake understands the many advantages for students who book with a private accommodation company, which is why we have provided our preferred partners below.

Accommodation - Casita logo

Casita Student Accommodation

At Intake we highly recommend Casita Student Accommodation. You can search by either city or university, and once you have found a room you are interested in you can contact your advisor. Casita’s service is 100% free and they are there to help you have a better study experience. Casita has over 600 student accommodation buildings totalling 150,000 rooms across the UK. Contact your Intake advisor to book your room today!



  • No booking fees
  • Bills all inclusive
  • Post arrival support
  • Instalment plans available
  • Short term tenancies available Accommodation logo Accommodation offers 24-hour booking service  in multiple languages with excellent support service. Their website gives you the power to explore and compare a variety of rooms across different neighbourhoods so that you can make the right choice. Contact your Intake advisor to book your room today!



  • No booking fees
  • Bills all inclusive
  • Post arrival support including optional bedding and cook wear available
  • 24/7 Service from team of expert booking advisers 
  • Short term tenancies available


University Residential Accommodation

For international students, living in a residence is the best way to mix with other people and make new friends! Most universities offer student accommodation, which will normally consist of a room with a bed, a wardrobe, some storage space and a desk. Some will offer a private bathroom, whereas others are shared with other students. There are communal areas where you can socialise with other students. Male and female students usually live in the same residence. Single gender accommodation is sometimes available. 


Since many universities cannot guarantee on-campus accommodation for all their students (although international students usually receive priority), as soon as you have made your final decision on where to study, you should start looking for accommodations. Applying for student accommodation can be quite confusing due to the many choices available, but this is something that your Intake advisor will be able to help you with.



Most international students who study in a language school or take a pre-university course will choose to live in a homestay with host families to experience local culture and practice the language. All host families working with language schools or colleges must be reviewed by the school to ensure that they are good families. Students can usually choose a single room or share a room with another student of a different nationality.

University students who must leave their dorms during the long summer vacation can also choose to live in a homestay during the summer. Homestays are also a popular option for students studying at a private school.

Please remember to inform your advisor of any special requirements, such as any food allergies or special diet. Your advisor will do their best to help you choose a host family that meets your needs.


Off-campus Rental

Sometimes students prefer to live in private rental housing off campus. The accommodation office at the university may be able to provide advice and help you find a rentable house. There are websites that you can browse through to have an idea of local rental costs. However, it’s very difficult to rent a house before your arrival because you need to go there to see the house and the neighbourhood in person.

International students should be cautious when renting private accommodations. You will need to determine what your legal obligations and rents will be, what other furniture will be included in the lease, etc. If possible, it is better to bring a local friend with you or ask the school for help.